Abstract submission is closed.
For all Abstracts which are accepted for presentation at the EACTS annual meeting, the full paper must then be submitted to the European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery or Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery, before the meeting.
The audio-visual recording of the scientific presentations will be the property of the EACTS.
For guidance on presentations, click here
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
Please follow the instructions given on-line, otherwise your abstract cannot be selected for review. A summary of the guidelines is as follows:
- The abstract language is English
- The text should be not more than 250 words
- The use of tables or graphs is NOT possible
- The abstract must consist of four paragraphs labelled: OBJECTIVE, METHODS, RESULTS, CONCLUSIONS
- The text and the title should be free from abbreviations, except those commonly used (e.g. LVEF, CABG, VSD, ASD etc). It should concisely address the problem and the purpose of the study (OBJECTIVE); how the study was performed (METHODS); the main findings with numerical data and statistical significance (RESULTS); and the principal conclusions drawn from the study (CONCLUSIONS)
- The title of the abstract should be printed in CAPITAL LETTERS; the name(s) of the author(s) should be preceded by the initials (omit titles). There should be no more than 8 authors
- Since the abstracts will be judged anonymously, the text may not reveal the institutional affiliation
- Mark the category which best describes the subject of your abstract. If the paper is to be considered for any award or prize, mark the corresponding field when submitting the abstracts. (See Awards and Prize details)
- The material must not have been published or presented at any major meeting before.
Abstracts will not be accepted unless they are submitted according to the format and instructions described previously, and submitted using the online system no later than 1 April 2013.
The Editor requires authors to disclose any commercial associations that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted article.
All sources of funding for work should be acknowledged in a footnote on the title page, as should all institutional affiliations of the authors (including corporate appointments). Other kinds of associations, such as consultancies, stock ownership or other equity interests or patent licensing arrangements should be disclosed to the Editor in the covering letter at the time of submission. If no conflict of interest exists, please state this in the covering letter. The Editor reserves the right to reject manuscripts that do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements. The author will be held responsible for false statements or for failure to fulfill the above-mentioned requirements.