Following the resounding success of previous competitions, EACTS will again host the EACTS Cardio-Thoracic Masters Jeopardy competition during the 32nd Annual Meeting in Milan, 18-20 October 2018.
The winning team will have a unique opportunity to attend the STS 55th Annual Meeting in San Diego, California, 27-29 January 2019.
Participation is open to all EACTS residents.
How to participate: –
- Create a team comprised of two “Cardio-Thoracic” trainees or one “cardiac” trainee and one “thoracic” trainee
- Each team member to sign up here by 26th July 2018
- Each team member to provide a letter of eligibility from their head of training, which includes a commitment that they can attend the 32nd EACTS Annual Meeting and the STS Annual Meeting in San Diego (should they win).
- Each team member will be required to take an individual online screening examination and answer 60 questions in 20 minutes.
- Top 4 national teams will compete in Milan. The winning team will go on to compete at the STS Annual Meeting in San Diego.
The individual online screening exam will be open 30th July – 13th August 2018 on the Thoracic Surgical Curriculum (TSC) website. Entrants will be provided with a user ID and password and a link with instructions to access the exam. There will be a short questionnaire before commencing the screening exam.
The European Competition
The top four national teams will compete during the EACTS Annual Meeting in Milan, on Friday 19th October 2018. Two rounds of Jeopardy will be conducted in a live competition with the top two teams competing in the final round on Saturday 20th October 2018. The team with the best overall score will be the EACTS 2018 Jeopardy Winners. The winners will go forward to play against the winners of the US Resident Jeopardy Winners during the STS 55th Annual Meeting.
Any questions regarding this competition may be directed to Ritu Johnson email@example.com.
We encourage you to enter this hugely popular and exciting competition for residents and we look forward to seeing you in Milan.