The Quality Improvement Programme (QUIP)
What is QUIP?
EACTS established a Quality Improvement Programme (QUIP) to encourage improvement of clinical outcomes for patients, and to promote the importance of integrating quality improvement initiatives in to daily clinical practice.
Presently EACTS operates two of such tools on an international level: the Adult Cardiac Database (ACD) and EUROMACS. Both these tools can be used for scientific and other purposes as well.
What is the purpose of QUIP?
* To provide data, software and statistical tools enabling analysis
* Compare and benchmark outcomes on an international level
* Identify areas of improvement
* Improve quality of outcomes for patients
* Generate data for scientific studies as well as clinical decision guidance
The programme of work relies on participation from EACTS members. You can nominate yourself for involvement in the QUIP via the Membership tab in your EACTS User Area.
EACTS encourages members to get involved with the QUIP, as your support will lead to more quality improvement projects and will increase the difference we can make to our patients.
If you would like to know more about the Quality Improvement Programme and how to get involved please email us at email@example.com