Adult Cardiac Database News
The Adult Cardiac Database reaches 100,000 procedures!
EACTS is pleased to announce that the Adult Cardiac Database now contains 100,000 cardiac surgical procedures in the benchmarking tool! Participating European hospitals have been submitting cardiac surgical data from 2010 onwards. This tool is accessible for surgeons to recognise the data and outcomes from their hospital, enabling them to draw comparable data analysis with other hospitals anonymously.
Volume of Procedures in the ACD: annual progress from January
EACTS appoints new Database Task Force Chair
The Adult Cardiac Database Task Force was established in 2017 to provide leadership and further advance data collection and benchmarking outputs for hospitals in Europe. EACTS has appointed Dr Örjan Friberg from Örebro University Hospital, Sweden, as the Database Task Force Chairman as of January 2018.
Dr Örjan Friberg
Örebro University Hospital, Sweden
New Advanced Benchmarking Features available
The benchmarking outputs team has implemented a number of advanced features and rigorous data validation processes to improve statistical analysis and research. This includes:
• Information on how many records do not meet reasonable validation criteria
• Additional metrics for hospital comparison
• More detailed filters and procedures
• Statistical controls (mean + / – 1SD, 95% CIs and IQRs)
• Survival curves by individual procedures or all-cases
• An updated clinical support tool page
• An interactive updates page for participants
Access the ACD Demo version
The demo version of the ACD is available upon request and enables you to view the database and benchmarking features but with dummy data. Click on the image below to request access to the demo version of the ACD.