The 2015 Hans G Borst Award was awarded to:
S. Numata, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Blood Flow Analysis of Aortic Arch Using Computational Fluid Dynamics
K. Von Aspern, Heart Center Leipzig, Germany
Validating collateral network near-infrared spectroscopy (cnNIRS) for real-time monitoring of spinal cord oxygenation
Applications for the 2016 awards is CLOSED
*You will need to create a new account on your first visit to the submission site – queries about our new submission site should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Award was instituted in honour of Professor H G Borst, leading European surgeon of thoracic aortic surgery and one of the founders of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. The purpose of the award is to stimulate advanced clinical or experimental research in this field by young investigators as documented by an outstanding presentation during the Annual Meetings of the EACTS.
The Award is €5,000.
Closing date: 30th April 2016
Candidates may be members or non-members of The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit an abstract for the 2016 Annual Meeting;
- Be the first author of the paper;
- Be under 40 years of age (in 2016).
- Present unpublished work not previously presented at a major (national or international) scientific meeting
- Select the ‘Hans G Borst Annual Award for Thoracic Aortic Surgery’ option in the abstract application process.