Techno-College Innovation Award
Applications for the 2017 awards are now open – CLICK HERE>> Deadline 16 August 2017
*You will need to create a new account on your first visit to the submission site – queries about our new submission site should be directed to email@example.com
The Techno-College invites surgeons, engineers, innovators, researchers and scientists active in the field of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery to apply for The Techno-College Innovation Award.
We are looking for technological breakthroughs in all areas related to thoracic and cardiovascular research in particular for new surgical methods or devices. Innovations can be in the form of patents, inventions, new products, ideas or services. The innovations should have the potential to change our standard practice and should go beyond marginal improvements in existing procedures or products.
The winner will be selected by the New Technology Committee and notified in September. The winner will have the opportunity to present his/her work during the Annual Techno-College on Saturday 7 October 2017.
The Award is €5,000.
Closing date for applications 16 August 2017
This year we will be accepting submissions as a short PowerPoint presentation according to the following instructions. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- It is mandatory to use the PowerPoint template that EACTS provides and that can be downloaded HERE. Only this template is accepted!
- A maximum of 7 slides is allowed!
- SLIDE 1: Title and brief description of the innovation
- SLIDE 2: Explanation of what the innovation is seeking to address
- SLIDE 3: What is noteworthy/novel about the innovation
- SLIDE 4: Further detail concerning the innovation (how could it potentially impact the practice of cardiovascular surgery; how does it go beyond marginal improvements on something that already exists)
- SLIDE 5: List any patents, copyright, publications or references with recognised arbiters of the innovation
- SLIDE 6: Describe any practical results achieved to date – ie.,sales, profits, users, citations etc.
- SLIDE 7: Conclusion
The 2016 Techno-College Innovation Award was awarded to:
A novel transcatheter prosthesis for the treatment of severe and massive tricuspid valve insufficiency