2016 Young Investigator Award Winners
|Acquired Cardiac||Not awarded|
|Thoracic||J. De Wolf, CHRU de Lille||Exhaustive preoperative staging increase survival in resected ardenal oligometastatic non-small cell lung cancer : multicentric study|
|Congenital||M. Maagaard, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark||Does exercise capacity depend on the size of the shunt? A study of adults with small, unrepaired Ventricular Septum Defects|
Applications for the 2017 awards will open on 1 February 2017
*You will need to create a new account on your first visit to the submission site – queries about our new submission site should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To stimulate research, the EACTS has instituted prizes for the best manuscripts on topics of clinical or experimental research in the fields of Thoracic Surgery, Cardiac Surgery and Congenital Heart Disease presented by young investigators at the Annual Meeting of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
The Award is €3,000 for each prize.
Closing date: 30th April 2017
Candidates may be members or non-members of The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit an abstract for the 2017 Annual Meeting;
- Be the first author of the paper;
- Be under 35 years of age (in 2017);
- Present unpublished work not previously presented at a major (national or International) scientific meeting;
- Select the ‘Young Investigator’s Award’ option in the abstract application process;
- Submit a covering letter from the Director of Service or Laboratory in the Institution at which the research programme has been undertaken, indicating the originality of the investigation and the proportion of the work performed by the candidate.
- Submit the manuscript for review by the Award Panel before 15 August 2017 (in addition to the manuscripts required by EJCTS).