The 2017 C Walton Lillehei Young Investigator’s Award was awarded to:
Constantine D. Mavroudis, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia
Deep Hypothermic Circulatory Arrest Versus Cold Cerebral Perfusion and Their Effects on Cerebral Mitochondrial Bioenergetics in a Neonatal Swine Model
Applications for the 2018 awards – Learn More
*You will need to create a new account on your first visit to the submission site – queries about our new submission site should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
St Jude Medical, Inc has established the ‘C Walton Lillehei, PhD MD Young Investigators Award’ in honour of Dr C W Lillehei and in recognition of over 20 years of implanting the St Jude Medical mechanical heart valve. This award is available in the field of Cardiac Surgery and is intended to provide additional support to the cardiovascular community for research efforts.
The Award is for US $10,000.
Closing date: 30th April 2018.
Candidates may be members or non-members of The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit an abstract for the 2018 Annual Meeting;
- Be the first author of a paper within the subject of heart valve surgery;
- Be under 35 years of age (in 2018);
- Submit an abstract for presentation at the EACTS Annual Meeting to present unpublished work not previously presented at a major international scientific meeting;
- Select the ‘C Walton Lillehei Young Investigator’s Award’ option in the abstract application process;
- Submit a covering letter from the Director of Service or Laboratory in the Institution at which the research programme has been undertaken, indicating the originality of the investigation and the proportion of the work performed by you.
- Submit the manuscript for review by the Award Panel before 15 August 2018 (in addition to the manuscripts required by EJCTS).