The 2017 Hans G Borst Award was awarded to:
T. Krüger, Dept of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery, University Medical Center Tübingen, Tübingen
Aortic elongation in aneurysmatic and dissected aortic ascending aortas
T. Plonek, Cardiac surgery, Wroclaw Medical University / Cardiac Surgery Department, Wroclaw
The complexity of aortic root dimensions
Applications for the 2018 awards – Learn More
*You will need to create a new account on your first visit to the submission site – queries about our new submission site should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This Award was instituted in honour of Professor H G Borst, leading European surgeon of thoracic aortic surgery and one of the founders of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. The purpose of the award is to stimulate advanced clinical or experimental research in this field by young investigators as documented by an outstanding presentation during the Annual Meetings of the EACTS.
The Award is €5,000.
Closing date: 30th April 2018
Candidates may be members or non-members of The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit an abstract for the 2018 Annual Meeting;
- Be the first author of the paper;
- Be under 40 years of age (in 2018).
- Present unpublished work not previously presented at a major (national or international) scientific meeting
- Select the ‘Hans G Borst Annual Award for Thoracic Aortic Surgery’ option in the abstract application process.
- Submit the manuscript to EJCTS for review by the Award Panel before 15 August 2018. If the manuscript is not submitted by this date you will forfeit your entry to the award.
Your presentation should be prepared as a regular Presentation as per the session you are presenting in (Abstract /Rapid Response) (see guidelines) and will be viewed by the Hans G Borst Award panel and the winner announced before the Presidential Address on Saturday 20 October 2018.