The 2018 Hans G Borst Award was awarded to:
W. Heo (Seoul): Differential impact of intimal tear location on aortic dilation and re-intervention in acute type I aortic dissection after surgical repair
Applications for the 2019 awards is open until 30 April 2019
This Award was instituted in honour of Professor H G Borst, leading European surgeon of thoracic aortic surgery and one of the founders of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. The purpose of the award is to stimulate advanced clinical or experimental research in this field by young investigators as documented by an outstanding presentation during the Annual Meetings of the EACTS.
The Award is €5,000.
Closing date: 30th April 2019
Candidates may be members or non-members of The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit an abstract for the 2019 Annual Meeting;
- Be the first author of the paper;
- Be under 40 years of age (in 2019).
- Present unpublished work not previously presented at a major (national or international) scientific meeting
- Select the ‘Hans G Borst Annual Award for Thoracic Aortic Surgery’ option in the abstract application process.
- Submit the manuscript to EJCTS for review by the Award Panel before 15 August 2019. If the manuscript is not submitted by this date you will forfeit your entry to the award.
Your presentation should be prepared as a regular Presentation as per the session you are presenting in (Abstract /Rapid Response) (see guidelines) and will be viewed by the Hans G Borst Award panel and the winner announced before the Presidential Address on Friday 4 October 2019.