Techno-College Innovation Award
Applications for the 2018 Techno-College Awards Deadline 17 September 2018 – Submission will open shortly
The Techno-College invites surgeons, engineers, innovators, researchers and scientists active in the field of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery to apply for The Techno-College Innovation Award.
We are looking for technological breakthroughs in all areas related to thoracic and cardiovascular research in particular for new surgical methods or devices. Innovations can be in the form of patents, inventions, new products, ideas or services. The innovations should have the potential to change our standard practice and should go beyond marginal improvements in existing procedures or products.
The six finalists will be selected by the New Technology Committee and asked to present their work in the Lion’s Den session which will take place on Saturday 20 October at the Annual Meeting. The session will be organised in a ‘rapid response’ format – 2 minutes presentation (4 slides) with 6 minutes of discussion to follow. The winner will be selected by a judging panel and the assembled audience on site.
The Award is €5,000.
Closing date for applications 17 September 2018
Submissions should be submitted using the PowerPoint template according to the following instructions:
It is mandatory to use the PowerPoint template that EACTS provides and that can be downloaded HERE. Only this template is accepted!
- A maximum of 7 slides is allowed covering the following:
- Title and brief description of the innovation
- Explanation of what the innovation is seeking to address
- What is noteworthy/novel about the innovation
- Further detail concerning the innovation (how could it potentially impact the practice of cardiovascular surgery; how does it go beyond marginal improvements on something that already exists)
- List any patents, copyright, publications or references with recognised arbiters of the innovation
Describe any practical results achieved to date – ie., sales, profits, users, citations etc.
The 2017 Techno-College Innovation Award was awarded to:
A Truly Non-Occlusive Moulding Balloon for Thoracic Endovascular Aortic Repair (TEVAR)