Francis Fontan Fund
The Francis Fontan Fund for Education aims to make independent and high quality education accessible to EACTS members.
The Francis Fontan Fund for Education is an EACTS organisation created to support educational opportunities, foster professional development and promote lifelong learning in cardiac and thoracic surgery for its members. The support for these educational activities will be granted in a transparent and fair manner and it will be subjected to strong governance procedures.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
FRANCIS FONTAN FUND FELLOWSHIPS: ACTION IN RESPECT OF COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we will be temporarily pausing the Francis Fontan Fund Fellowships. This means Fellows will be not be attending any EACTS provided and industry training courses, surgical placements or other FFF learning opportunities.
Current Fellows will still be considered to be within their Fellowship period and if Fellowships can be completed in the future, we do not anticipate requesting repayment of any EACTS funds.
This policy will be updated regularily in order to reflect any changing understanding of the global position.
We have taken this decision to address three key priorities;
- to ensure the individual health and well-being of all our Francis Fontan Fund Fellows,
- to limit non-essential travel and social contact, for the good of the wider community, and
- to ensure that front-line clinical staff remain available to support their local COVID-19 efforts, rather than be away from clinic in non-essential training.
We will be working hard to create a new Fellowship schedule for each Fellow, which will be planned in collaboration to ensure it fits with individual schedules. Recruitment to new Fellowship opportunities is also paused, and applicants will be contacted individually regarding their application.
Although Fellowships are on hold, they are in no way cancelled. All Fellows that are undergoing training will remain Francis Fontan Fund Fellows, and will be advised as soon as the Fellowship is restarted.
If you have any questions at all, please do email the Fellowship Advisor (Isabelle.email@example.com).
Click on the links below for more information on each fellowship.
- EACTS-MSTCVS Quality and Outcomes Fellowship 2020 (closed) MORE>
- Aortic TEVAR Fellowship 2020, in partnership with Terumo (closed) MORE>
- Advanced Intensive Postoperative Care in Cardiovascular Surgery (closed) MORE>
- Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Fellowship (closed) MORE>
- Atrial Fibrillation Fellowship (closed) MORE>
- Uniportal Vats Fellowship (closed) MORE>
- Aortic Root and Valve Repair Fellowship (closed) MORE>
Click on the links below for more information on each scholarship.
EACTS Academy Scholarships MORE >