Scholarships at the EACTS Academy
The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery organises educational courses in cardiac and thoracic surgery at the EACTS Academy, EACTS House, Windsor UK. EACTS is offering a series of scholarships for young surgeons who need support for the attendance of the courses. The scholarship covers only the cost of course attendance and meals.
To qualify for this scholarship, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of cardio-thoracic or combined general surgical and cardio-thoracic training
- Be less than 35 years of age
- Submit a letter of support by the chief of candidate’s own unit
- Submit an up-to-date CV
- Have evidence of professional and scientific activities (lectures, symposia, publications) at local, national or international level
- Good working knowledge of English language (read, write and speak), which will be assessed by the EACTS representatives
Priority will be given to EU candidates who are members of the EACTS and cannot receive institutional support due to budgetary restrictions.
The 2017 Academy Courses eligible for a Scholarship are:
|Thoracic Surgery Part III, 23-25 November 2017|
|Registration Deadline:||22 November 2017 (or when the course is full)||Scholarship Deadline:||29 September 2017|
Please be aware that courses fill up quickly. Applications for scholarships have to be submitted a minimum of 2 months before the course. Only one scholarship per person will be awarded.
Applications should be made in writing and sent by e-mail to email@example.com