The Francis Fontan Fund is offering a limited number of visiting fellowships, to enable surgeons at an advanced training stage in cardio-thoracic surgery to visit some leading institution(s) of their choice in Europe. EACTS members and junior members will be given priority when applying; fellowship grants can be also awarded to candidates who are unable to organize financial support from their own institution.
At the completion of their stay, fellows should compose a short report containing a financial statement (how the money was spent), and a summary of experience and training they received in this period.
The value of the fellowship is up to a maximum of €3000 for a period of up to 3 months; the applicants should make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
To qualify for this fellowship, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Have advanced level of training in cardio-thoracic surgery.
- Have a Specialty Board certification.
- Preferably be less than 45 years old.
- Evidence of professional and scientific activities (lectures, symposia, publications) at local, national or international level.
- Good working knowledge of English, or the language of the institution which the visiting fellow is visiting.
Deadlines for applications are 1st of May and 1st of September. Applications will ONLY be reviewed at these dates. A response to your application should be expected by June or October respectively.
The fellows must begin their scholarship within 6 (six) months after being confirmed as grant recipients.
After six months, the scholarship expires if unused, and cannot be claimed later.
Applications should be submitted using this downloadable form.
Completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com