Updated: 24 July 2020
We would like to acknowledge and pay tribute to so many EACTS members and others in the wider cardiothoracic community who are selflessly supporting COVID-19 patients. People are making significant personal sacrifices to support the global effort to combat the pandemic and we salute you.
This unique period in our lives demonstrates not only the importance of world class clinical expertise but also the role that solidarity, friendship and collegiate team working play to protect and save lives. We recognise the very challenging circumstances that many EACTS members are working in and we thank you for your professionalism and dedication.
34th Annual Meeting
The Annual Meeting in Barcelona has been adapted for our times. This year you can attend in person and also, amazingly, through a revolutionary new online experience, THE EACTS PORTAL – suddenly Zoom is obsolete!
Registration is now open! Please note that there will not be an on-site registration desk, you must register online via our membership and registration system. If you need any assistance, please contact [email protected] (registration process not supported on ‘phones or tablets).
EACTS Academy Programme
In order to protect the health and safety of our delegates, faculty and Industry partners, the EACTS Council has taken the difficult decision to cancel all planned Academy courses for the remainder of 2020. We plan to resume our Academy programme in 2021.
While we pause EACTS Academy courses, there is a wealth of online content to supplement your education and training requirements during this period.
- EACTS Journals are available online. If you’re an EACTS member, access the issues online with your @OUPMedicine login.
- European Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery: Https://Academic.Oup.Com/Ejcts
- Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery: Https://Academic.Oup.Com/Icvts
- MMCTS provides 320+ step-by-step video demonstrations of surgical procedures. Find online tutorials across the CT subspecialties here: Https://Mmcts.Org/
- Oxford University Press has made content from online resources and leading journals freely accessible to assist researchers, medical professionals, policy makers, and others who are working to address this health crisis: Https://Academic.Oup.Com/Journals/Pages/Coronavirus
- We will also be highlighting additional content that you may find helpful during this time
We have also taken action to support the health and safety of EACTS staff. We are encouraging colleagues to work from home. Our Windsor office in the UK is closed until further notice to EACTS members and visitors. You can continue to contact the office about EACTS related queries by emailing: [email protected]
Hope for the future
Across the globe health professionals are working together to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic, helping patients and saving lives. Our thoughts are with all those supporting patients. We will of course emerge from this global crisis and, when we do, we hope the world remembers the importance of expert healthcare and friendship.
Stay safe and follow official advice.