The EACTS Innovation Summit 2024 invites surgeons, engineers, innovators, researchers, and scientists active in or even outside the field of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery to submit abstracts to the upcoming Innovation Summit 2024.
We are looking for disruptive ideas and breakthroughs in all areas related to thoracic and cardiovascular research in the following 5 topics:
- The Future of Robotic Surgery
- Heart Valve of the Future
- Extracorporeal Circulation (CPB, ECMO, ECLS, hibernation and hypothermia)
- Artificial Intelligence for CT Surgery – IT
- Lymphatic/glymphatic system (heart and brain)
Since we are looking for disruptive ideas, abstracts can also be submitted, if they do not fit in these main topics:
- “Wild Card” Submission
The submitted material should be new and should have the potential to change our daily practice and can and should be at an early stage. We are not looking for small improvements in current techniques.
After review by a dedicated Innovation Summit Reviewer Team, the presenters will be invited to the Innovation Summit 2024 near Paris to participate in the entire programme from 18-20 April. Please note, however, that presenters will be responsible for their own travel expenses to and from the venue. The best presentations will be selected for presentation thereafter at the 38th EACTS Annual Meeting in Lisbon, Portugal.
Submissions should be submitted using the PowerPoint template according to the following instructions:
It is mandatory to use the PowerPoint template that EACTS provides. Only this template is accepted!
A maximum of 7 slides is allowed covering the following:
- Title and a brief description of the idea/hypothesis
- Description of the field of CT surgery the innovation is seeking to address
- Which problem will be solved by the innovation?
- Important details of the disruptive idea
- Details of current results
- What kind of work is needed to continue with this idea?