Techno-College Innovation Award
The Techno-College Innovation award will open in Spring 2024
The Techno-College invites surgeons, engineers, innovators, researchers and scientists active in the field of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery to apply for The Techno-College Innovation Award.
We are looking for technological breakthroughs in all areas related to thoracic and cardiovascular research in particular for new surgical methods or devices. Innovations can be in the form of patents, inventions, new products, ideas or services. The innovations should have the potential to change our standard practice and should go beyond marginal improvements in existing procedures or products.
The winner will be selected by the New Technology Taskforce and asked to present his/her work during the Techno-College sessions of the Annual Meeting.
The Award is €5,000.
Submissions should be submitted using the PowerPoint template according to the following instructions:
It is mandatory to use the PowerPoint template that EACTS provides. Only this template is accepted!
- A maximum of 7 slides is allowed covering the following:
- Title and a brief description of the innovation
- Explanation of what the innovation is seeking to address
- What is noteworthy/novel about the innovation
- Further detail concerning the innovation (how could it potentially impact the practice of cardiovascular surgery; how does it go beyond marginal improvements on something that already exists)
- List any patents, copyright, publications or references with recognised arbiters of the innovation
Describe any practical results achieved to date – ie., sales, profits, users, citations etc.