In the event that the Annual Meeting cannot be held due to events beyond the control of EACTS and is subsequently cancelled, postponed, moved or changed due to, including, but not limited to:
- An event of “Force Majeure” meaning an event beyond the reasonable control of EACTS, which prevents EACTS from complying with any of its obligations, including but not limited to:
– act of God (such as, but not limited to, fires, explosions, earthquakes, drought, tidal waves and floods);
– war, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), invasion, act of foreign enemies, mobilisation, requisition, or embargo, national mourning;
– rebellion, revolution, insurrection, or military or usurped power, or civil war;
– contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel, or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, radio-active toxic explosive, or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component of such assembly;
– riot, commotion, strikes, go slows, lock outs or disorder closure of airports and train stations;
– acts or threats of terrorism.
- Any reason(s) beyond EACTS’s or any of its suppliers’ control that prevents or substantially hinders the plan of holding the Annual Meeting.
Under any of the above circumstances, EACTS cannot be held liable by participants for the refund of any Sponsorship Fees, or any damages, costs, expenses or losses incurred, whether directly or indirectly, as a result of the cancellation, postponement of the Annual Meeting or if it decides to hold the Annual Meeting remotely, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, financial losses, etc. Individuals take part in the 36th EACTS Annual Meeting at their own risk and are responsible for their own health and travel insurance arrangements.
In the event of any potential health risk (for example, a pandemic or epidemic situation and other major health risk). EACTS’ statute as an international health association compels EACTS to pay particular attention to the potential health risks for participants and their patients and it shall be entitled to take all necessary measures, including cancellation or postponement of the Annual Meeting, in such a situation where it deems appropriate (in its sole discretion). In such circumstances EACTS reserves the right to retain the Sponsorship Fees and transfer them to the 36th EACTS Virtual Annual Meeting. EACTS shall have the right to hold the 36th EACTS Virtual Annual Meeting online with participants accessing the meeting remotely where it deems that this is the most appropriate option. However, if EACTS does not hold the 36th EACTS Annual Meeting virtually then, EACTS may have the option of either transferring the booth fee to the 2023 Annual Meeting or shall refund the fees in full.
Notice of cancellation must be given to the EACTS Secretariat in writing at the address on the Industry Opportunities Booking Form. For any cancellation prior to 5 August 2022, a cancellation charge of 25% of the total charge for the satellite meeting will be made and a refund of any charges already paid in excess of this amount will be made. The full charge of the sponsorship will be liable if notice of cancellation is received after 5 August 2022.