EACTS is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified applicants for a Board Member position on the European Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery (EBCTS).
The European Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery (EBCTS) is committed to raising standards through assessment and is looking to recruit a new Board member to progress this work.
The EBCTS has greatly expanded its influence after a period of examination development and revision. EBCTS’ examination now comprises two distinct and high-quality components and several European countries have adopted the level 1 examination as their training exit exam, illustrating the importance and quality of EBCTS examinations.
EBCTS Board members oversee and direct the EBCTS and have a number of responsibilities, including:
- Assisting the EBCTS Chairman in conjunction with the EACTS Council and the executive committee of the EBCTS
- Developing and delivering EBCTS examinations
- Working supportively and collaboratively with the EBCTS administrative team to further professionalise EBCTS
- Contributing to developing regulations and defined processes
- Travelling to regular EBCTS board meetings
- Helping to disseminate the work done by the EBCTS and the outcomes of examinations
- Participating in EBCTS Board meetings
- Participating in EBCTS examination preparation and delivery.
Applicants must be EACTS members and currently practicing as an active cardiovascular or thoracic surgeon while holding an academic appointment with the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in training and surgical education at national or international level
- Evidence of a strong professional reputation in the field of Cardiothoracic Surgery with a track record of working with peers in a positive, constructive and supportive manner
- Previous involvement with the Level 1 or 2 EBCTS examinations
- Experience of EACTS Academy involvement as a teacher (desirable).
Applicants are expected to complete a three-year term. Completion of the third year will be dependent on the satisfactory completion of the first two years.
Expressions of interest, including a CV and letter of motivation should be submitted to Amanda Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org and Prof. Stephen Clark, Chairman of the Board at email@example.com