The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS), the premier cardiovascular and thoracic surgery society, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified applicants for the position of Board Member of the European Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery (EBCTS).
The EBCTS has greatly expanded its influence after a period of examination development and revision and is committed to raising standards through assessment. The examination now comprises two distinct and high-quality components. Several European countries have adopted the level 1 examination as their training exit exam, illustrating the importance and quality of the EBCTS examinations.
EBCTS Board Members oversee and direct the EBCTS.
- Assists the EBCTS Chairman in conjunction with EACTS Council and the executive committee of the EBCTS
- Develops and delivers the EBCTS examinations
- Works supportively and collaboratively with the EBCTS administrative team
- Ensures transition of EBCTS to an even more professionalized body and contributes to developing regulations and defined processes
- Available to travel to regular EBCTS board meetings
- Helps disseminate the work done by the EBCTS and the outcomes of examinations
- Participates in EBCTS Board meetings.
- Participates in EBCTS examination preparation and delivery
- Significant experience in training, attested by a having reached a position of Fellowship program director or equivalent status in the Country of Origin, or significant number of teaching hours at local university
- Previous involvement at the Level 1 or 2 EBCTS examinations
- Experience of EACTS Academy involvement as a teacher (desirable)
- Strong reputation in the field of Cardiothoracic Surgery and maintains solid ethics
- Relates to peers and staff in a positive, constructive and supportive manner
- Academic appointment and active cardiovascular or thoracic surgeon
- Able to complete a three-year term (term is renewable for three years pending satisfactory completion of first two years)
- Must be an EACTS member in good standing
Please submit expressions of interest (CV and Letter of Motivation) to Amanda Cameron, firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr Patrick Myers, EBCTS secretary, email@example.com