EACTS Aortic Valve Repair Summit 2019
Submission for the EACTS Aortic Valve Repair Summit, 20-21 June 2019 is closed.
Please click here to access the submission platform.
Instructions to authors
Please follow the instructions given on-line, otherwise your abstract cannot be selected for review. A summary of the guidelines is as follows:
- The abstract language is English
- The template provided is the only format accepted – eacts-academy16x9-slide-master
- There should be no more than 8 authors
- Since the abstracts will be judged anonymously, the text may not reveal the institutional affiliation
- Please note that it is not possible to make any corrections to the abstract content or information (such as Presenter details, authors list etc). In order to correct your abstract you must withdraw it and and submit a new corrected version prior to the deadline. Note that, such replacement of the abstract is not possible after the deadline. In the case of errors in your abstract discovered after the deadline, you may indicate the correction during the presentation at the Summit.
- Please note that authors of abstracts submitted for presentation at the Summit are not precluded from also submitting at the 33rd EACTS Annual Meeting in Lisbon in October 2019.
A maximum of 7 slides is allowed
- Slide 1: Title & ID; the first slide contains the Title of the presentation and also the Abstract ID from the online submission site
- Do not use the “Enter” button in your title. This action will add hard returns, which are not allowed
- Do not use abbreviations in the title. Abbreviations may be used in the following slides
- Do not end the title with a period (.)
- Do not use quotation marks in a title (” “)
- The title must not be CAPS. Do not bold, italicize, underline,superscript or subscript any items in the title.
- Slide 2: Background and study objective (maximum 8 bullet points)
- Slide 3: Patients (if applicable); maximum 8 bullet points
- Slide 4: Methods (maximum 8 bullet points)
- Slide 5: Results 1 (can include Text, Table, Graph, image, but no videos )
- Slide 6: Results 2 (if necessary a second slide with results is allowed)
- Slide 7: Conclusion (only text. maximum 5 bullet points)
Authors are requested to submit the abstract of their film electronically and to UPLOAD a copy of their film for review within the abstract submission programme. The film should be no longer than 8 minutes. Sound is acceptable but not necessary. However, live narration by the principal surgeon is a requirement of participation.
- Films should be essentially technical movies
- Avoid time-consuming sequences showing conventional approaches and cannulations (cardiac surgery). Specific approach should be briefly demonstrated only in very particular cases (e.g. minimally invasive, etc)
- Indicate clearly the view that is being shown, e.g. surgeon’s view (as seen by the surgeon), overhead view, or view from the patient’s head
- When it is difficult to identify the details or orientation of a surgical view, an explanatory drawing may be helpful and should be shown within the video just before the operative view
- Should an author wish to report results of series, the video itself should be shortened to 5 minutes and ‘slides’ incorporated in the film (not shown on separate projector)
- Filesize must not exceed 50MB per Abstract
- Allowed Files are: a) .mpg b) .mov c) .wmv
Please contact our technicians for queries regarding the media files: [email protected]
Films should be uploaded during the abstract submission process.
Authors are requested to submit a PowerPoint (see instructions above) and meet the following requirements:
- Max 7 slides
- Introduction of the case (max 2 slides)
- Treatment and Complications (max 3 slides)
- Lesson to be learned
- Do not mention authors’ names in the presentation
- Include fixed images only (no videos)
Abstracts will not be accepted unless they are submitted according to the format and instructions described previously, and submitted using the online system no later than 19 April 2019.
EACTS Submission Conditions:
The audio-visual recording of the scientific presentations will be the property of the EACTS.
Authors will be notified in writing in May 2019 if the committee has accepted their abstract(s).
EACTS requires authors to disclose any commercial associations that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted abstract.