Submission for the Aortic Forum, 15-16 November, is open.
The Aortic Forum will take place in Bologna, Italy from 15-16 November. We are looking for video submissions that will be shown during the Forum.
Should you wish to submit a video, please email Kirsty.Clarke@eacts.co.uk who will provide you with an upload link. Kindly note all videos must be uploaded no later than Friday 1 October 23:59 BST.
Instructions to authors
Please follow the instructions below, otherwise your video cannot be selected for review. A summary of the guidelines are as follows:
- The video language is English
- There should be no more than 8 authors
- Since the videos will be judged anonymously, the text may not reveal the institutional affiliation
- Please note that it is not possible to make any corrections to the content or information. In order to correct your video, you must withdraw it and upload a new corrected version prior to the deadline. Note that, such replacement of the video is not possible after the deadline.
The film should be no longer than 8 minutes. Sound is acceptable and narration by the principal surgeon is a requirement of participation. If there is no narration, your video will not be submitted for review.
- Films should be essentially technical movies
- Full narration on the video is required as it will not be presented live
- Avoid time-consuming sequences showing conventional approaches and cannulations (cardiac surgery). Specific approach should be briefly demonstrated only in very particular cases (e.g. minimally invasive, etc)
- Indicate clearly the view that is being shown, e.g. surgeon’s view (as seen by the surgeon), overhead view, or view from the patient’s head
- When it is difficult to identify the details or orientation of a surgical view, an explanatory drawing may be helpful and should be shown within the video just before the operative view
- Should an author wish to report results of series, the video itself should be shortened to 5 minutes and ‘slides’ incorporated in the film (not shown separately)
- File size must not exceed 50MB per Abstract
- Allowed Files are: a) .mpg b) .mov c) .wmv
Videos will not be accepted unless they are submitted according to the format and instructions described previously and submitted via the upload link provided, no later than Friday 1 October 23:59 BST.
EACTS Submission Conditions:
The audio-visual recording of the scientific programme will be the property of the EACTS.
Authors will be notified in writing in October 2021 if the committee has accepted their video(s).
EACTS requires authors to disclose any commercial associations that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted video.