EACTS Case Corners 2023
Submission for the EACTS Case Corners 2023 is now CLOSED.
Dates and topics for 2024 Case Corners will be announced shortly
Cases will not be accepted unless they are submitted according to the format and instructions described below, and submitted using the online system no later than the following deadlines:
Goals of Residents Case Corner
This virtual case series is aimed at residents to present interesting cases relevant to cardiothoracic surgery. The case will focus on what residents usually experience during their training. All symptoms, patient characteristics and test results are described in detail. Together with the attendees, the best treatment decision is discussed. The solution and clinical course of the case is revealed thereafter, and scientific evidence supporting the decision is discussed.
An expert panel are invited to share their experiences in an interactive, friendly manner.
Instructions to authors
Authors are requested to submit a PowerPoint (see instructions below) and meet the following requirements and guidelines:
- Please submit a case that will be interesting to cardiothoracic surgery residents and applicable to what they may experience in their training.
- Note: Although rare, complex cases are interesting they may not score as high due to the complexities involved and the lack of available evidence that may support management decisions
- One of the key objectives of the Case Corner is the inclusion of evidence/guidelines to support management decisions.
- High scoring abstracts will include scientific evidence/literature that supports management decisions.
- If evidence is limited – authors should highlight the ‘Gaps in knowledge’
- Note: Only submitting a list of references on the ‘Scientific evidence/literature’ slide will limit the points the abstract will score.
- Abstract language: English
- The template provided is the only format accepted – Residents Case Corner PPT
- Maximum permitted slides: 5
- The Residents Committee will choose the best cases, and then prepare the case corner session via personal Zoom calls with the successful participants.
- You will then present your case during the related Case Corner webinar.
- Please contact our technicians for queries regarding the media files: [email protected]
Abstracts will not be accepted unless they are submitted according to the format and instructions described previously, and submitted using the online system no later than the deadlines detailed above.
EACTS requires authors to disclose any commercial associations that might pose a conflict of interest in connection with the submitted abstract.