Programme coming soon!
7-9 November 2019 (3 day course)
Prague, Czech Republic
I Netuka, Prague; V Falk, Berlin and J Gummert, Bad Oeynhausen
To be announced
Course fee includes lunch and refreshments on all days and the welcome reception on Thursday 7 November
Interactive lectures, live-in-a-box cases and keynote presentations
Cardiologists, heart failure cardiologists, emergency and ICU specialists (ECLS), cardiac surgeons, perfusionists, heart failure nurses and ventricular assist device (VAD) coordinators, medical industry (cardiac devices including ECMO development and production). Paediatric cardiologists and congenital heart disease surgeon.
- Learn about how to find the right treatment for the right patient at the right time
- Use of temporary MCS systems in emergency situations and in the ICU
- Learning of recommendations for VAD use from major societies and from recently published guidelines
- New surgical techniques for VAD implantation, as well as unusual solutions of complex surgical problems in VAD patients
- How to avoid long-term complications during VAD treatment
- Learn about shared care and the role of social media for VAD patients and caregivers
- Learn about myocardial recovery in children and adults
- Review and learn about the latest developments and perspectives in the VAD field