Take a lead role in driving quality improvement in cardiothoracic surgery
Do you have the strategic vision to lead EACTS’ Quality Improvement Programme (QUIP)?
EACTS is looking for a dedicated member to Chair our QUIP committee and play an important strategic role in representing the Programme’s vision and purpose.
The Quality Improvement Programme operates two international databases: the Adult Cardiac Database (ACD) and the European Registry for Patients with Mechanical Circulatory Support (EUROMACS). These registries transcend national boundaries to unite individuals and institutions from around the world to advance clinical research and improve the outcomes and lives of patients.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive quality improvement in cardiothoracic surgery and promote the importance of integrating quality improvement initiatives into daily clinical practice.
Applications are now closed.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
- Proficiency in English.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field.
- You will be committed to the charitable objectives of the Association and the Committee, and be dedicated to the pursuit of clinical/research excellence and improving patient outcomes.
- You will have an interest not just in cardiothoracic surgery, but also experience in managing clinical registries for hospital(s) on a national or international scale.
- You will have a good understanding of epidemiology data and benchmarking, and be able to provide guidance in data collection, validating, and reporting.
- You will have experience in monitoring efficacy of registries and applying strategic knowledge to support databases and their output.
- You must have sufficient time to attend at least four meetings per year and be willing to contribute between meetings as necessary.
- The ideal candidate must be able to make the decisions on the nitty gritty of software logistics and data collection, without losing sight of the ‘big picture’.
Job Title: Quality Improvement Programme Committee Chair
Key Relationships: QUIP Manager and Members, EACTS Task Forces and Committee Chairs, EACTS office, EACTS Councillors.
Purpose of the role: to effectively manage the Committee and outline clear, long-term goals which are both in line with EACTS’ mission and help the Committee fulfil its purpose.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To provide strategic and operational guidance to the Quality Improvement Programme and to the various current/developing international databases.
- To assess and advise on the QUIP objectives to ensure they are in line with the EACTS’ charitable objectives and 5-year strategy.
- To lead the Committee, recruiting members according to the skillset and knowledge required, chairing meetings and establishing milestones.
- To liaise with the other relevant EACTS database Task Forces and Committee Chairs to give strategic advice that will correspond to the overall objectives.
- To review the operational and technological requirements of the databases, assessing software support and platforms are performing at a sufficient standard to satisfy the needs of the users.
- To assist and advise panel on tender processes for relevant software and platforms to support the databases.
- To coordinate with the other database task forces/committee to analyse, review, and advise on the data in- and outputs of the databases, monitoring efficacy of the registries and user feedback.
- To advise on the financial policy of the databases and coordinate with potential industry and stakeholders accordingly.
- To be a non-voting member of the EACTS Council / to provide reports on the progress of the QUIP Committee and the activities to the EACTS Council.
- Regular Zoom and sometimes in-person meetings with the Committee.
- Attend/present at the EACTS Annual Meeting.
- Strict confidentiality observance.
- Provide true and complete information on relationships with industry; provide annual declaration of interest.