The EACTS/GHC-PASCaTS Excellence Award for Rheumatic Heart Valve Repair & Aortic Reconstruction
EACTS and the Pan-African Society for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, are proud to announce a new prize for the best presentation on “Rheumatic Heart Valve Repair and Aortic Reconstruction”, presented during the annual Joint EACTS/PASCaTS session.
The Award of €1,000 has been kindly donated by Professor Charles Yankah, President of PASCaTS.
Applications for the 2022 awards will open on 1 February 2022 until 30 April 2022
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit an abstract for the 2022 Annual Meeting;
- Have a minimum of 3 years of cardio-thoracic or combined general surgical and cardio-thoracic training
- Be an EACTS Member
- Be less than 40 years of age (Copy of passport)
- Be the first author of the paper
- Select the EACTS/PASCaTS Excellence Award for “Rheumatic Heart Valve Repair and Aortic Repair”, option in the abstract application process
- Submit an up-to-date CV
- Have evidence of professional and scientific activities (lectures, symposia, publications) at local, national or international level
- Submit a covering letter from the Head of Department or Director of Service at which the research programme has been undertaken, indicating the originality of the investigation (unpublished work not previously presented at a major national or international scientific meeting) and the proportion of the work performed by the candidate
- Submit the manuscript to EJCTS for review by the Award Panel before 1 September 2022. If the manuscript is not submitted by this date you will forfeit your entry to the award.
- Good working knowledge of English language (read, write and speak), which will be assessed by the EACTS representatives
- Attend the award ceremony at the 36th Annual Meeting in Milan
Your presentation should be prepared as a regular Presentation as per the session you are presenting in (Abstract /Rapid Response) (see guidelines) and will be viewed by the Award panel and the winner announced at the Awards Ceremony on Friday 7 October 2022.