The EACTS Residents’ Corner Award
The EACTS Residents’ Committee is pleased to announce the new Residents’ Corner award.
This award has been established to recognize the academic work of resident members of EACTS, with the aim of incentivizing residents to participate in academic research and scholarship and encourage article
submissions to the EJCTS and ICVTS Residents’ Corner.
Applications for the 2023 awards closed on 31 May 2023.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an EACTS Trainee Member
- Be a cardiothoracic surgery resident
- Must have published a peer-reviewed article within the last 3 years
- Must be either the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, last or corresponding author of the paper
- Article submitted must have been published on:
➢ European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EJCTS)
➢ Interdisciplinary CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery (ICVTS)
➢ EJCTS/ICVTS Residents’ Corner
- Accepted publication types:
➢ Reviews and Meta-analysis
How to Apply
You must complete the online form and submit the following information:
- A copy of the relevant Publication
- A Project Summary of the paper (approx. 500 words) to include
➢ Project details
➢ Research methods
➢ Clinical implications of the work