EACTS is proud to announce a second prize in thoracic aortic medicine, the “EACTS/STS award”. The aim of the prize is to reward the best abstract presented during the combined EACTS/STS aortic session.
The Award is €2,000.
Applications for the 2023 awards will open on 1 February 2023 until 30 April 2023
Candidates may be members or non-members of The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit an abstract for the 2023 Annual Meeting under a Vascular topic;
- Be the first author of the paper and submit abstract to address the subject; (to be announced)
- Submit a covering letter from the Director of Service or Laboratory in the Institution at which the research programme has been undertaken, indicating the originality of the investigation and the proportion of the work performed by the candidate;
- Select option ‘EACTS/STS Aortic Award’ in the abstract application process;
- Present unpublished work not previously presented at any national or international scientific meeting.
- Submit the manuscript to EJCTS for review by the Award Panel before 1 September 2023. If the manuscript is not submitted by this date you will forfeit your entry to the award.
- Attend the award ceremony at the Annual Meeting.
Your presentation should be prepared as a regular Presentation as per the session you are presenting in (see guidelines) and will be viewed by the Award panel and the winner announced at the Awards Ceremony on Saturday 7 October 2023.