Applications for the 2023 awards will open on 1 February 2023 until 30 April 2023
This Award was instituted in honour of Professor H G Borst, leading European surgeon of thoracic aortic surgery and one of the founders of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. The purpose of the award is to stimulate advanced clinical or experimental research in this field by young investigators as documented by an outstanding presentation during the Annual Meetings of the EACTS.
The Award is €5,000.
Closing date: 30 April 2023
Candidates may be members or non-members of The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit an abstract for the 2023 Annual Meeting;
- Be the first author of the paper;
- Be under 40 years of age (in 2023).
- Present unpublished work not previously presented at a major (national or international) scientific meeting
- Select the ‘Hans G Borst Annual Award for Thoracic Aortic Surgery’ option in the abstract application process.
- Submit a covering letter from the Director of Service or Laboratory in the Institution at which the research programme has been undertaken, indicating the originality of the investigation and the proportion of the work performed by the candidate.
- Submit the manuscript to EJCTS for review by the Award Panel before 1 September 2023. If the manuscript is not submitted by this date you will forfeit your entry to the award.
- Attend the award ceremony at the Annual Meeting.
Your presentation should be prepared as a regular Presentation as per the session you are presenting in (see guidelines) and will be viewed by the Hans G Borst Award panel and the winner announced at the Award Ceremony to be held on Saturday 7 October 2023.