YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD
Applications for the 2023 awards will open on 1 February 2023 until 30 April 2023
To stimulate research, the EACTS has instituted prizes for the best manuscripts on topics of clinical or experimental research in the fields of Thoracic Surgery, Cardiac Surgery and Congenital Heart Disease presented by young investigators at the Annual Meeting of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
The Award is €3,000 for each prize.
Closing date: 30 April 2023
Candidates may be members or non-members of The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit an abstract for the 2023 Annual Meeting;
- Be the first author of the paper;
- Be under 35 years of age (in 2023);
- Present unpublished work not previously presented at a major (national or International) scientific meeting;
- Select the ‘Young Investigator’s Award’ option in the abstract application process;
- Submit a covering letter from the Director of Service or Laboratory in the Institution at which the research programme has been undertaken, indicating the originality of the investigation and the proportion of the work performed by the candidate.
- Submit the manuscript to EJCTS for review by the Award Panel before 1 September 2023. If the manuscript is not submitted by this date you will forfeit your entry to the award.
- Attend the award ceremony at the 37th EACTS Annual Meeting in Vienna
Your presentation should be prepared as a regular Presentation (see guidelines) and will be viewed by the Young Investigator Award panel and the winner announced during the Award Ceremony on Saturday 7 October 2023.