Self Nomination: Application information
The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS) relies on the involvement of members to fulfil its mission; to advance education in the field of cardiac, thoracic and vascular interventions, and to promote research into cardiovascular and thoracic physiology, pathology and therapy, with the aim to correlate and disseminate the results for public benefit.
Members can nominate themselves for involvement in one of the EACTS Committees, the Annual Meeting, or the Multimedia Manual of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (MMCTS) via their EACTS User Area. The details below outline the process for application and selection.
1. Identify Area
Members should identify the area(s) that they would like to be involved with. If selected, positions will be for a period of up to three years. EACTS encourages members to be selective when choosing which area(s) to apply for. Current options are as follows:
- Domain of Acquired Cardiac Disease
- Domain of Congenital Heart Disease
- Domain of Thoracic Disease
- Domain of Vascular Disease
- Clinical Guidelines
- International Co-operation
- New Technology Committee
- Surgical Training and Manpower
- Quality Improvement Programme*
- Editor in Chief
- Domain Editor
- Editorial Board Member
* Applications open all year.
For all other areas, applications submitted before the 1st July will be considered at the Annual Meeting of the same year. Applications submitted between the 1st July and up to the end of that year’s Annual Meeting will be considered at the Annual Meeting the following year.
Application is via the self-nomination process in the member’s EACTS User Area.
- Log in to your EACTS User Area.
- On the Membership tab, select EACTS Self Nomination.
- On the self-nomination form, select the area(s) that you would like to be involved with.
- Upload your CV and a covering letter as one PDF.**
- CV: Maximum two sides of A4. Include details of relevant experience to the area(s) that you are applying for.
- Covering letter: Maximum one side of A4. Include your reasons for applying and what you could offer to the area(s) applied for.
- Save the changes to the application form.
- Applications are reviewed quarterly and you will then be contacted by EACTS in regard to the status of your application. Additional information may be requested depending on the area applied for.
**A CV and covering letter are not required if applying (only) for the Annual Meeting positions.
All applications will be reviewed and shortlisted based on the applicant’s CV, covering letter, and additional information (if requested).
The applications of those shortlisted will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and the final decision will be made. The Selection Committee will either be the Council, the Quality Improvement Programme Strategic Board, or the Editor-in-Chief of the MMCTS (depending on the area applied for).
Successful applicants will be contacted to discuss involvement.